Sunday, January 8, 2012

Robotics Kickoff Day!

Hi! Yesterday I went to my very first robotics kickoff, and it was cool! I loved it alot. There were sooo many nice people there! I loved learning more about robots, and all of  the people who were involved in this. It was fun, and it was the first time that my school had a robotics club and went to a kickoff. We arent just the robotics club now we are the FIRST Robotics Club. After the first part of the kickoff we were split up and placed in different rooms to get strategies. Especially since we are a new team. I was scared at first, but then when I went in there for that hour, it was very fun. I loved it, even though it felt like I was in school. After that we went and got our kit of parts, and got back in the cars that we were in from the start. We talked about it on our way back to our school, and got some ideas. Once we were there, we took the parts out of the van and introduced our selves to everyone in a great big circle. After that we counted inventory making sure that everything was there, before our 48 hours were up. We ate pizza, donuts, or snacks. I choose the pizza because I already had a donut earlier. Then we started to split up into groups. Like the electrical, programming, and building groups. Me and my friend Tinman started learning about programming from one of our mentors since we didnt know that much about it like everyone else in that group. We got a better understanding of what goes on in that part and learned some new things. Then once she left I went over to the building side and learned obout how to put the wheels and spacers on the barrier of the robot. It took a while though because we made alot of mistakes, but we are going to have to take it apart and start rebuilding certain parts again.Overll yesterday was a really good day, and it was cool. If you're reading this you should try out robotics too, even if you know nothing about it or if theres very few girls there. Since in mine there's only 6 or 7 girls in all including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment